Sunday, July 13, 2008

Swift Creek PC, PSCE and a Blackhawk!

The kids sang in worship this morning to share a few of the songs they learned in VBS last week. It was wonderful!! Swift Creek has about 300 members but they had an incredible turnout of children for VBS. Just seeing all those kids up in front singing songs and having a great time made me made me realize how much more we could be doing to teach our children through music. Caroline and Joshua were constantly singing the songs and doing the signs that went with it. It's a great teaching tool.
Leigh Anne had a meeting after church so I took the kids to Dunkin Donuts (I'm a sucker for a kid!) and then we went home to make lunch. I cooked eggs with low-sodium sausage that I picked up at Saltwatcher and pancakes. Leigh Anne made it home just in time to eat with us.
After lunch we headed out for a tour down memory lane. Leigh Anne drove me over to what once was PSCE and we walked around the campus. Even though the campus is pretty much owned by the Baptist Theological Seminary, many things still looked the same. It's hard to believe we graduated 13 years ago! We were sad that we didn't see any white squirrels but we had a great time recalling memories. Those were some great times! I have seen so many of our PSCE classmates on this trip. Life is good!

We went to visit Leigh Anne's husband, Jim, just as he was finishing his weeked drills. Jim is a Lieutenant Colonel in the Virginia National Guard and he flies a Blackhawk helicopter. He gave me the opportunity to play pilot. It was so awesome! I can't believe how many controls there are - I would never be able to remember all that they have to remember - but then I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday!

It's really neat to see what other people do and to experience something totally different from what you experience on a regular basis. I can't begin to imagine doing what Jim does but I'm very thankful that he's doing it! I am extremely proud of those serving in the military and not only working to keep our freedom but helping people in other countries to receive it!
Leigh Anne and I went by our favorite British Pub on the way home but it was closed. Bummer!! We spent the rest of the evening watching Camp Rock with the family. It was fun! Another visit that was much too short but better to leave before they are ready to see you go so they will let you come again. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shoot, Carla - you're practically Top Gun! :)