Sunday, July 06, 2008

Memory Lane - Vienna & Burke

I didn't take many pictures today - I think my camera was tired. :) Diana wasn't feeling well so she stayed home while John and I went to the 9:30 service at Vienna Presbyterian Church. I think the only part of the building that was the same as the last time I was here is the sanctuary. The rest has been torn down and rebuilt. It was absolutely beautiful! They even have a finger print touch sensor to get in to the kitchen. How cool is that??? I was totally surprised to run into people I knew since it had been 14 years since I was an intern but I saw the folks who let me live with them that summer as well as my good friend, Gina, who has since married and had four kids! We quickly hugged and promised to get together this week so I am looking forward to catching up on her life. It's amazing how some lives change so drastically and some of us just get older. :)

We took Diana to the airport (sadness!) and due to my very poor choice of turns ended up paying the same toll twice when I shouldn't have even paid it once! It cost me $6.10 by the time I got out of the airport so I decided John and I needed ice cream. We went to Friendly's for lunch and then John was kind enough to tag along as I made him tour my old stomping grounds. We even found my old apartment - 7809B Harrowgate Circle. John was a good sport and it was a fun afternoon. I took him home and went home to clean house before my hosts come home tomorrow. :)


Their daughter, Cynthia, (who also happens to be one of my dearest friends) came over to spend the night with me. We had a great time fixing dinner with whatever we could find in her parent's fridge and pantry - as well as a delicious apple crisp (my specialty) and coffee for dessert. Cynthia is so much fun to be around and we had such a great evening!

Of course, my favorite part was playing "Auntie Carla" to her beautiful daughter, Lucy. She is four months old and is so adorable. She didn't even cry when I held her. It was such a joy! She even helped me work on my blog and she seemed very interested. I'm sure she's going to be a computer genius and I can say I helped her get started. :)

No comments: