Monday, July 14, 2008

Richmond to Pennsylvania

Jim decided to stay home from work today so we had a “last breakfast” before I hit the road eating up all the leftovers that we had accumulated throughout the weekend. I hit the road with a quick stop at “If it’s paper” to purchase colored envelopes for church stuff. I would have stocked up on more if I were going straight home – maybe next time I come!

I drove to Fredericksburg and stopped at my friend, Jo’s, photography studio and she took me to a cute downtown drugstore with an old fashioned soda fountain for lunch.


I had an egg salad sandwich and an old fashioned ice cream soda. It reminded me of going to visit my grandpa in Crane, MO and going to the Crane Drugstore. Such fun!

The rest of the afternoon I spent in the car listening to one of my many books on tape/ipod. It was a beautiful drive once I got around D.C. Pennsylvania is fabulous! It’s green and hilly (some might say mountainous but I’ve been to Colorado) but I thoroughly enjoyed the drive. I stopped in a few small towns just because I could and made it to Camp Krislund about 7:30. The camp is in full swing so I could hear kids singing from across the camp. I unloaded and settled in to my room and visited with Steve & Robin a little bit before bed. It’s so fun to be here!! Steve and Robin seem younger now than when I met them 14 years ago. The mountain air and the hiking must really do you good! I’m looking forward to the week – and apparently Steve has me scheduled to be the camp photographer this week. Yea!!

No comments: