Friday, July 18, 2008

Craft Lady

I had a great day today!! The craft lady had to go in to town for some personal business so Steve asked me to fill in. The kids were just finishing up the projects they had been working on all week so it was pretty easy. I had extra time so I decided to clean the craft lodge. It was NASTY!! There was so much mouse or bat poop on everything that I just knew I was going to meet one face to face and have a heart attack - but I didn't. Well, I did but it was too dead to give me any trouble. I definitely pushed myself beyond my comfort zone when I cleaned that one up. Where are Tammy & Melissa when I need them??? ;) The lodge looked like a different place when I left - I hope the craft lady doesn't freak out. The whole day I kept thinking, I wish Matt-C was here. :)

The canoe trip returned that afternoon. They looked pretty worn out but it didn't seem to slow them down. I think they had a very successful adventure camp!

We ended the day with a talent show where each group shared a skit or song - and then our closing worship. I have had so much fun being in the mountains, experiencing new things, meeting tons of kids, playing photographer & craft lady, hiking, climbing and spending time with Steve & Robin. I can't believe the week is over!

No comments: