Friday, July 25, 2008

Plymouth Rock

It was a beautiful morning so Diana and I took a 3 mile walk around town. When we got back to the house, Brenda was ready to whip up some omelets as well as the bagels we bought at Stew Leonards - complete with French Vanilla coffee. My, my, it is going to be hard to leave! We visited well through noon so then she brought out the bowl of fruit. We had a great time just sitting around talking. They are such fun people! We even played a few card games - they introduced Diana to Phase Ten and she introduced them to Spoons. It took Jimmy a couple of rounds but he finally got the hang of it. They even gave us their Phase 10 deck to take with us.
Jimmy is like a big brother to me. He was in college in Marshall when we moved there (I was five) and he used to take my sister and I to the park. He said Jo always acted up but I was the good kid. Oh yea!! :) It was sad to say goodbye but soon it was time to head to Boston. I'm glad we didn't wait any longer than we did because traffic was horrible with all the people heading to Cape Cod for the weekend.

We met our friend's, Ken & Susan, at the Sunrise Assisted Living where Susan's mom is living and they had a parking space right in front that was obviously meant for me! They tried to tell me it had something to do with salting the roads when it snowed but I didn't believe them.
We followed them to their house so we could unload and were joined by our friends, Rich, (from KC) and Lucy (also from Boston) and then we headed to Plymouth. We had dinner at the Weathervane (fish & chips appropriately!) and walked over to see Plymouth Rock.


The Rock was under some sort of restoration or construction but I managed to get a picture of it - it's better if you just don't ask! It wasn't exactly what I expected from Plymouth Rock but it was still an experience - and, of course, it was great to be with friends.

We stopped for some ice cream at Ziggy's and I discovered that they have a street named after me - what a great place!


We went to the biker bar (not really - that's just what Ken called it) and listened to a great band! Rich, Susan and I watched them from the top deck and danced a little. We had a fabulous view of the harbor with a great orange moon. The picture just doesn't do it justice but it's the best I could do. I'm so excited to have a week with my Red Cross buddies because regardless of where we are or what we are doing, I know it will be memorable!

1 comment:

Jo Hilton said...

Yea, whatever.... I WAS a good kid! :) So glad you made it to NH - and what a trip you're having! :) wow! love reading your blog! lOve you... have fun!