Thursday, July 03, 2008

Outer Banks to D.C.!

We said farewell to our friends in Snow Hill and headed to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I order low-sodium products from a lady that lives in Kill Devil Hills and I had asked her if I could stop by and do some shopping. She was very kind to let me rummage through her storage area in her home and I made it well worth her while! I have lots of new low-sodium things to try on this trip as well as when I get home.
We passed by the Wright Brothers National Memorial on our way out of Kill Devil Hills so we decided to stop by for a photo op!
We had a lot of fun playing with the bronze statues...
And quite possibly we might have gone a little crazy...
We finally made our way to Vienna, Virginia after a very long day on the road. We ran into horrible traffic getting around Norfolk and then a suggested easier route turned out to be 45 minutes of a waste of time by the time we made it back to the interstate. I've never been so happy to have a GPS system (Jill Garmin is her name) - though she does seem a little nutty at times. Betty & Kamal Rahal were certainly a sight for sore eyes!! It is so good to be here in Vienna and staying with such wonderful friends! I am looking forward to staying put for a week and showing Diana the sights of Washington, D.C.

2 comments:

Hiltonadventures.com said...

What a great trip! Loved the pics from the Wright memorial. Betty & Kamal have not changed one little bit since I last saw them - has it been 10 years? We'll look for you on national TV at the Capitol Fourth celebration!

Jo Hilton said...

The Wright memorial looked like fun! :) So glad Diana could join you for a bit of your trip! :) xoxo