Friday, July 11, 2008

Goodbye Vienna, Hello Richmond!

I was able to enjoy a little more time with my new friend, Lucy, this morning before I left Vienna. She is so adorable and has such a great disposition. I tried to capture her giggle but my camera was not any help!
It wasn't hard to catch a cute expression, though. She has such a personality - and she's only four months old! It was hard to leave knowing the next time I see her she might well be heading off to college. I certainly hope not!
I headed back down to Richmond to spend the weekend with my dear friend, Leigh Anne, and her family. Jim (her husband) is working this weekend so I don't get to see him until Sunday. Leigh Anne and I spent the afternoon visiting while the kids had some quiet time and then we went shopping for our fun Friday night! I was excited to discover a low-sodium onion soup mix at Saltwatcher so we made low-sodium french onion dip to have with our unsalted chips. It was fabulous!!
However, the most fun came when Caroline (LA's 9 year old daughter) wanted to show me what they learned at VBS this week. Leigh Anne (being the mom) dropped some mentos in a 2-liter bottle of diet coke and we had a diet coke fountain all over the back yard. It was so cool!! Apparently, even though mentos in diet coke is powerful and cool, it eventually fizzles out - but God gives us the power to live forever. It's a stretch - but it certainly made an impression on these kids! Nothing lasts forever - except God's love! (By the way, if you try this at home - drop and run FAST! It only takes about a second for the fountain to start.)

2 comments:

Hiltonadventures.com said...

Excuse me, but whats a mento? Hello, LA...

Hiltonadventures.com said...

Excuse me, but whats a mento? Hello, LA...