Monday, July 07, 2008

Fine as frog hair!

I don't have much to share about today except that I had a DATE! :) Ironically, it was the most enjoyable blind date I have had in years - and he lives in Virginia! Go figure. I decided to enjoy a day of total rest so I did absolutely nothing except play on the computer and watch tv. I did try to pick up my stuff that I had strewn all over the house since my friends were coming home today but other than that, I was a complete bum! About 5pm, my friend, Cynthia, called and asked if I was still free this evening and informed me that her friend, Paul, was going to call me. Apparently, she had convinced him (she's VERY persuasive) that he needed to meet me - and vice versa. I was a little hesitant since we live half way across the country from one another but I figured it never hurts to make a new friend. I'm so glad I did. It was an exceptionally enjoyable evening. He was easy to talk to, funny, smart, committed to his faith - all the things that are high on my list of important qualities. Before I knew it, three hours had passed. I couldn't believe it. Once again, God has blessed me with a day to remember.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! You go, girl!

Really enjoying reading your blog. In last week's Sunday School lesson, I taught your kids to "accumulate experiences" and "live a life worth telling stories about". You're certainly providing them with a great example!