Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Animals and an Anniversary

Betty, Kamal and I were having breakfast at the kitchen table when we saw the deer exploring the backyard. I scrambled upstairs to get my camera and made it back just in time to see it escaping into the woods. It was soooo beautiful!!

Apparently, this is a common occurance around here. I wish I had deer in my back yard. I'm sure Eddie & Dakota would love it!
I was out running a few errands this afternoon when my friend, Linda, called and said she had a window of opportunity for us to have coffee so I immediately detoured over to Burke and spent time with one of my favorite people. I was very excited to discover that she is leading a mission group to Mississippi just before I am going to New Orleans for a youth ministry conference. I am thinking about going early and working with them for a couple of days before my conference begins. That would be so much fun!

I even got to meet her very talented dog, Buster. He had a good time showing me his tricks. It was quite impressive. I don't think I'll tell Eddie & Dakota about Buster - I'm perfectly happy with dogs that do nothing more than just love me! :)

I spent the evening with Betty, Kamal and Cynthia celebrating their 42nd wedding anniversary. Betty made a yummy Lebanese meal of cusa (stuffed summer squash) and yubbruk (stuffed grape leaves) and roasted cauliflower (which I actually liked) and corn-on-the-cob (not strictly Lebanese) and salad. Yum, yum! I couldn't believe Betty was cooking on her anniversary but I couldn't convince her to let me take them out. It was an enjoyable evening! Betty and Kamal are such a wonderful example of a long and beautiful marriage and I have so enjoyed spending this time with them. My life was totally changed in so many positive ways by my one summer at Vienna Presbyterian Church!

No comments: