Thursday, July 10, 2008

Friends are friends forever!

One of the highlights of this journey is the opportunity to connect with people who have been an important part of my life over the years. I had lunch today with a special friend. Kara was a youth in the youth group at VPC when I was an intern in 1994 and she hasn't changed a bit - though her life has changed immensely. She and her husband, Doug, have three beautiful girls - Avery, Rachel and Emerson.
It was so much fun to see her as an adult - and a parent. She is such a great mom! I had fun holding Emerson, reading to Rachel and helping the girls get ready for nap/rest time. I can't believe it has been 14 years since I met Kara and 11 years since I left northern Virginia and yet, it seemed like no time had passed. She is such a blessing to me!

Cynthia and I invited our friend, Gina, over for dinner. Gina is another one of those special people in my life but we had a senior moment (& a great laugh) when neither one of us could remember how we became such good friends. She didn't even come to VPC until 1995 and even though I worked in Burke from 1995-1997, we can't remember how we got to know eachother so well. We decided it was better that neither one of us could remember - otherwise, it would be offensive. :) Gina and Garren have four beautiful boys - though I only got to see pictures. Maybe next time I come I'll get to meet the boys.
It was a fabulous week in Northern Virginia. I didn't get to see all of the people that I would like to have seen but I'm grateful for those friends that I did get to spend time with.

No comments: