Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I was a spy!

After a leisurely morning with Betty & Kamal, I headed to the Vienna Metro station only to find that there was no parking. Thanks to Jill (my GPS system) I was able to make my way to the next metro stop on the orange line - Dunn Loring - where I was able to find parking. I went to the International Spy Museum downtown - had a bite of lunch in the Spy Cafe and then made my way to "Operation Spy" where I got to participate in an interactive spy mission! It was so much fun! It takes about an hour and you start with your training, then they fill you with information and you work as a team to try to accomplish the mission. We ran through sewer tunnels trying to avoid the lights, rode in the back of a moving truck, searched the office of the Director of Energy for Khandar scanning documents and trying to get in the safe, interrogated a double agent and ran to the rooftop to climb a swinging ladder to a helicoptor. It was so exciting! :)
I got back to Vienna and headed over to Dot & Bob's for dinner. I lived with Dot & Bob the last year that I lived in Virginia and now my friend, John, is living with them for the summer. They are so generous with their home and take in "waifs" with great regularity. :) We had a wonderful visit and a most delicious meal. I had forgotten how much fun I had with them and I'm so glad John has such a wonderful place to live while he is interning in DC.

No comments: