Monday, July 28, 2008

A ride to remember

We got up early and went over to the bike rental place to get bikes for Diana, Rich and myself. They had three left so it was perfect. We put on our helmets, packed a backpack of supplies and headed out on our first bike ride around North Conway. Susan led us to a covered bridge with a little swimming hole where we could cool off but it was a bit too chilly. Diana was the only one that managed to really swim - the rest of us just waded in as far as we could handle. It was a 13 mile ride round trip which was just about perfect for the first time on a bike on about 15 years. I had forgotton how much I loved biking - though I tend to be a little bit leisurely about it. I like to see what I'm passing! It is definitely time to get myself a bike again! I did learn that if you don't drink enough water, your muscles will REBEL!! I have never had such pain in my legs as I did that evening and I knew it wasn't normal soreness. I was out walking the streets of North Conway at midnight because I wasn't sure how to get them to stop hurting. However, when I woke up in the morning, they were fine. Whew!! Definitely will drink more water next time! We made it back to the condo in time to meet Lucy who drove up from Boston for join us for a few days. If we only had Lesa with us - we'd be complete!

No comments: