Saturday, July 19, 2008

Chocolate World!!

Saturday morning we had our final breakfast and closing worship. I found a really cool hamburger hat at the Penn's Cave Visitor's Center (not sure why) so I got it for Nate to say thanks for making me special meals this week. (yes, Jim, I got one for you, too! :))

Of course he was too cool to wear it (the campers got him to put it on for a picture) so he gave it to his daughter. She's so adorable! She's five years old and she runs like the wind. I'm going to watch for her in the olympics in about 10-15 years! I said my goodbye's, loaded up my car and headed to Princeton. It was a beautiful drive - Pennsylvania is so green and hilly! I really enjoyed myself just driving!
Of course, I HAD to make a stop in Hershey, PA to visit CHOCOLATE WORLD!! At first I thought this might be what heaven will be like - but then my friend, Troy, said it couldn't be because he doesn't like chocolate (CRAZY!). Oh well - I'll just enjoy it for now. :) I took the chocolate tour to see how they make all the Hershey's candy. Did you know it takes 50,000 cows to provide enough milk for Hersheys milk chocolate every single day?? Good thing the factory is in dairy country!

Then I took the Adventure tour which is a historical and entertaining trolley tour through town with two conductors/actors. I knew my parents would love it as soon as they passed out the song sheets. I even sang along which would make mom and dad proud! (I'm doing so many things on this journey that are beyond my comfort zone! :))

The "conductors" led us in a few songs as well as playing various characters from the days of Milton Hershey as we toured the streets of Hershey.

We got a great view of Hershey - the worlds largest chocolate factory and Hershey Park from the Hershey Gardens at the top of the hill.

I made a stop at the gift shop but only to take a picture with the world's largest chocolate bar. I can only imagine how long it would take someone to eat the whole thing! I wonder if you'd be sick of chocolate before you finished it? Naah!
I definitely agree with Milton Hershey that kisses make dreams come true - but only some of them are chocolate!

No comments: