Sunday, August 24, 2008

Jane and Jessica

We went to worship at Sammamish PC this morning and it was a great service. The music was fabulous - a good combination of old hymns and praise music. We were joined by our "old" friend, Jane, and her husband, Joe. Jane used to babysit me when we first moved to Marshall in 1972. They live about an hour outside of Seattle and mom and dad have really enjoyed the time they have been able to spend with them this past year - including going to Madison, WI, to perform the wedding ceremony for their son, Matt.
After church we went to Beaver Lake Park for an all-church picnic. It was a beautiful afternoon and it was a good chance for us to visit. I wish I'd had my fishin' pole! :)

My favorite activity of the afternoon was watching the kids play "pin the hair on Jerry." It was hilarious - though he did look a bit like George Jetson! I think we might have to steal that one sometime - and I know a certain associate pastor that would be a perfect target. :)
We went in to University Presbyterian Church for their 5 o'clock service where we met up with my friend, Jessica, and her husband, Mike. I came to Seattle a year ago for their wedding. Jessica was one of "my youth" when I worked at Burke Presbyterian Church in Virginia and we went to Kenya together in 1996. She's an awesome young lady and I am so blessed to have her as a friend. After worship, we walked over to Ruzhen Mongolian Grill for dinner. I was glad mom and dad had a chance to get to know Mike & Jessica - and vice versa!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And just who might this target be????

Peace..... CHH