Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Poulsbo to Sequim

Today we are heading to Sequim to visit my mom's cousin, Carl, and his wife, Sue. However, in typical Hilton fashion, our first stop was at Peets for a cup of coffee for the road. Once we had our java, we were ready to roll!!

We boarded the ferry in Seattle which will drop us off on Bainbridge Island. It was a 35 minute ferry ride so we went upstairs to enjoy the scenery. It was raining so there really wasn't much to see.

My friend, Robin, had invited us over for supper on our way to Sequim. She lives in Poulsbo so it was right on the way! Before dinner she gave us a walking tour of Poulsbo - along the water! It was beautiful and it was particularly sweet that my parents were able to meet someone who has been so very near and dear to me for so many years. Robin was on the search committee that called me to Burke Pres in 1995. One of my favorite memories is when Robin and I were taking communion during a session meeting and we got tickled. It was awful and hilarious at the same time. Our pastor was not pleased but we couldn't help it. It was uncontrollable! She has continued to bring laughter and joy into my life.

Poulsbo is such a cute town! The houses are all painted a variety of beautiful colors - pink, green, purple, beige, etc. It feels like you just stepped into a storybook. I loved it!
We helped Robin get dinner on the table - yummy salad with salmon. She even made everything low sodium. What a friend!
Our visit was brief but wonderful. Robin has a beautiful home and it was fun to be with her - even for a short time. However, we still had about an hour to drive so we said farewell and we were off to Sequim!
Sue & Carl live across the street from this gorgeous view! I was mesmerized! The water looked like glass - it was absolutely picturesque! It was great to finally meet Carl & Sue. Sue is the one that hooked me up with her sister in Hilton Head which has been one of the highlights of my trip so far.

No comments: