Friday, August 15, 2008

Time at home

I can't believe my sabbatical is two-thirds over but I really can't believe how quickly it is passing. I am so grateful for the places that I have been and the people I have been able to see over the past two months. I am looking forward to the last leg of my journey which begins tomorrow. The last two days I have been unpacking, doing laundry, putting stuff away and repacking. However, I have managed to squeeze some "friend-time" in between tasks.

I was excited that my little "layover" happened to hit upon one of our Starlight shows. I have a great group of friends who have been season ticket holders for several years so it was fun to spend the evening with them. The show was Fiddler on the Roof and it was fabulous. It rained most of the day so we weren't sure how the weather would be - but it turned out to be great! Thankfully, we took towels to wipe off our seats but they were dry so we ended up using them to keep warm.

I stopped by the church to do some non-work things - like organize music on my ipod - and took Jim some hats that I found in Pennsylvania. He now has a pizza, hamburger and hotdog hat to wear for various church (or other) activities. Isn't he cute? :) Who wouldn't look forward to coming back to work for a boss like that?!

I had coffee with my buddy, Brian, who is also on sabbatical and enjoyed swapping stories followed by lunch with my former roomie, Clair, who is getting ready for a triathlon! Way to go, Clair!

I was just about to head home to pack when my friend, Lesa, called to invite me to join them at Birdie's for happy hour. I've never been one to pass up a social gathering so I accepted. I can always pack later!

1 comment:

diddy said...

It is a hat. Thank heaven. I thought for a moment it was his head.
Diddy