Sunday, August 10, 2008

God's cathedral

I slept in late (for me) and woke up just in time to get ready for church. We were worshiping outdoors today and it was a brisk morning but I didn't mind. I love a good chill in the air - way more than being hot! I was extremely flattered when Nancy told me that one of the older gentlemen in the church told I was "a real looker." I think that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me behind my back! :)

Just to give you an idea of our friend, Nancy's, sense of humor - she caught me on camera coming out of the bathroom stall after church. It's no wonder she and my mother have been best friends for over 35 years - they are both just plain CRAZY!

After church we joined some of their friends for lunch at their vacation condo near Telemark. Telemark used to be a ski resort that was a big deal in this part of Wisconsin but it has changed a lot over the years. They don't even have downhill skiing anymore but people still come here for cross country skiing.
The deck was a perfect place to sit and visit - with a great view of the mountainside above us and Telemark below us. Nancy and Virgil don't seem any older to me now than they did when I was a kid in Marshall - and that is NOT to say that they seemed old then! :) They are fun to be with and I am so glad that I got to spend time with them. I know my mom is quite jealous!
I had about an hour of sun left on the dock so I took advantage of it! Once the sun disappeared, it was too cold to sit out there without being bundled up. I decided it was time to work on my blog and enjoy a glass of Riesling - thanks to my Red Cross buddies. We watched some of the olympics and enjoyed the sunset on Diamond Lake - appropriately named. It was glorious!

No comments: