Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The park and the pub

I had coffee with my friend, Zach, this morning. Zach and I worked together in 1998 on the youth ministry staff of Village Presbyterian Church in KS. It was one of those small world moments when mom and dad said they were coming to Sammamish and the new youth director was from a church in Kansas. I couldn't believe it when it turned out to be one of my former interns!

Mom and I spent the afternoon at Gilman Village - having lunch at Julia's and shopping. It was a cute area with a variety of cute little shops. When dad finished work, we loaded up a picnic and headed back to Beaver Lake Park.
However, someone was already using the shelter which had the only grill at the park so we spent a couple of hours reading, fishing and riding bikes and then headed home for supper.

We walked over to the Pine Lake Ale House for supper. It's a cute neighborhood pub and dad seems to be on a first-name basis with the wait staff. They obviously like him around here!

No comments: