Friday, August 01, 2008

Cruisin' - by bike and by boat!

YEA!! Another gorgeous day! I had a hard time pulling myself out of bed but couldn't miss a chance for another ride. We took the road past the strawberry fields over to the covered bridge. The water was quite high after the rain and way too cold to swim so we just took a short break.

I took the opportunity to catch up on my email while I soaked my feet. The wireless internet was only available in the main lobby which was about 2 blocks from our condo so I didn't make it over there as often as I liked. It's good to have a phone that receives emails - even if it's not good about sending them.

We saw some kids jumping off this old bridge so we decided to take a closer look. We walked along the railroad tracks until we got to the bridge. The youth made fun of me as soon as I said the word "Ya'll" so I felt just like I was back at home. :)

Most of the kids were jumping from the side of the bridge but this guy jumped from the very top! They said it was 75 feet but I'm not a very good judge. Whatever it was - it was too high!

Just as I walked on the bridge, I got stung by a wasp (I think) and I flung my hand so hard that I threw my sunglasses off the bridge. Thankfully, we weren't over the water, yet. My hero, Rich, climbed down through the brush and the rocks to retrieve them for me. What a guy!
We split up as we got close to the condos and Rich and I rode to the bike shop and returned our rental bikes. It was only a few blocks from the condo so it was a nice walk. We stopped by the condo and got Ken & Susan and went to Ben & Jerry's for some ice cream. Ken said we rode 18 miles and I was disappointed that we hadn't made it over 20 so I borrowed Susan's bike and rode another 7. It was a beautiful day for a ride and it started to sprinkle just as I finished.
The guys were taking naps so I met Susan at the golf course across the parking lot for a drink. It was a beautiful view! I couldn't believe I rode 25 miles! I really LOVED Susan's bike. It was way more comfortable than the rental. She has a hybrid Trek 7100 with a much bigger seat. That always helps! :)
Our evening entertainment was a dinner and dance cruise on Lake Winnipesaukee. The sunset was gorgeous and the dancing was fun (80's theme). The food left a little to be desired but we decided cruises like that want to feed you but not make it so good that you keep coming back for more.
We danced the night away - sometimes on the dance floor and sometimes on the deck (to cool off) but we didn't care where we were. It was so much fun!! It was a perfect ending to a perfect week. I can't believe how quickly it ended but I can't wait for our next adventure!

No comments: