Monday, August 11, 2008

The Eagle has landed!

The lake was absolutely gorgeous this morning when I got up. The air was cooler than the water so it gave the impression of a witches brew with the mist hovering over the water. I was mesmerized!

After breakfast, Nancy and I headed in to Cable to do a little shopping in some of the cute gift shops around town. Then she treated me to lunch at The Brick House which is an adorable sandwich/salad type restaurant in the middle of town. It's a wonderful addition for Cable!

I spent the afternoon on the dock soaking up my last rays of sunshine before heading home tomorrow. Virgil grilled us up some delicious burgers for supper and then Nancy and I went on one last Eagle spotting mission around the lake.
SUCCESS!! This time we spotted the little bugger! It was AWESOME! I don't know that I have ever been that close to an Eagle and again, I was mesmerized. I think I took close to a million pictures - give or take a few. I wanted to be absolutely certain that I got a good one! At first we just saw the momma eagle perched high on a dead tree.
Pretty soon...along came the baby. They are black for the first four years of their life and then around 5 years old they get their white head. I don't know what they were saying but below the baby on the left of the picture you can see the mom saying something to her baby. I think she was telling the baby to sit down and shut up so this girl in the boat could take their picture. :)
After saying goodbye to our eagle friends, we headed back to the cabin and the sunset on the lake was absolutely beautiful! I have so enjoyed being back here and spending time with Nancy & Virgil. I told Nancy I felt like I had finally grown up because I was allowed to come without my parents. :) She said I could come anytime so I don't plan to wait another seven years!

No comments: