Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Home Sweet Home!

I wasn't in a hurry to leave Cable but considering it was a pretty long drive, I had to say goodbye. It rained for the first few hours - at least until I got south of Minneapolis. I was grateful to get back on I-35 and have cell service. I was able to catch up with several friends that called to see how my trip was going - but don't worry, I had my headset on. :)

I made it back to town just in time to catch my friend's, Mich & Rich, softball game. I have missed that part of my summer ritual. I was a little early so I walked around the track at Macken Park and discovered that it is a really nice park! They have stations around the track for various exercises. I might have to take advantage of that when I get home this fall. It was particularly nice after sitting in a car for 10 hours!
I made it home just before dark and worked diligently to get my car unloaded before heading over to The Other Place to have a drink with Mich & Brent and watch the Olympics. I can always unpack tomorrow... :)

No comments: