Sunday, August 03, 2008

Peace, Love and Ice Cream

Jack and Emma invited me to join them for a cookout held by members of the church following worship on Sunday morning. I'm very glad I did - it was a lot of fun! I enjoyed hearing Jack preach again and the music was fabulous.


I wish I had been able to spend more time with Emma - she was very sweet and I hope to get to know her better in the future. Hopefully they will come visit Kansas City one of these days. Emma is very interested in the ministry of the International House of Prayer which is in KC so I am sure they will make it out that way one of these days. It was great to see Jack & Emma so happy!

About 2:30 I thought I should probably get on the road since I didn't really know how long it was going to take me to get to my next stop.

As I was driving along the little roads of Vermont, I stumbled upon the Ben & Jerry's factory. OH MY!! I couldn't very well just drive by - so I stopped.



If you have any questions about Ben & Jerry's ice cream - just ASK ME! :) I thought about getting a job there to help cover my gas but they weren't hiring. They were kind enough to humor me in my silliness!
They had a lot of fun things going on. This is my new best friend who was running the "spin art" station. It was FREE!! I made a lovely piece of artwork with orange, pink & yellow. You'll find it framed in my office after I get home. I was very excited to find out this young man's favorite color is also orange - hence the new best friend!




They also had a station where you could tie-dye a t-shirt that says, "I tied it, I dyed it, I buyed it." I couldn't very well pass up such good grammar - and they had my favorite color! It was quite fun and now the t-shirt is sitting in a bag in my hot car waiting for me to get home and finish it. Should be an interesting site by the time I rinse out the dye.
Too much fun but it was soon time to get back on the road. It was a little scary driving through the mountains. The clouds were so low that I felt like I was driving into the center of a marshmallow and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to see the road in front of me. Thankfully, it never got that thick and it was an eerily beautiful drive.
My last stop for the day is at the Green Mountain Beverage company in Middlebury, VT where my favorite Hard Cider is made. I was hoping I could get a tour or even buy some cider from the mother ship but it wasn't that type of "cidery." It was in an industrial park and they don't currently do tours - but maybe some day (according to the customer service rep I've been emailing. :)) I enjoyed seeing where Woodchuck cider comes from, though.
Off to Clifton Park, NY to see my former roommate, Liz. I can't wait...

No comments: