Saturday, August 23, 2008

Back to Seattle

As we were leaving Carl & Sue's, we passed the trees where the eagles hang out and sure enough, he was sitting there keeping watch over everything. They are impressive creatures! Carl had some amazing photos of two eagles sitting side by side which I was tempted to post as my own but decided against it. I do hope to have a good telephoto lens for my camera one of these days and then I will be able to capture better pictures of things like eagles - and deer!


We took the Kingston Ferry over to Edmonds. The weather was beautiful today so we were able to get a picture which we were unable to do on the ferry to Bainbridge. I love the ferries. They are such a fun way to travel - mainly because I love being on the water - but it's also just fun to sit and enjoy the view. I don't know that I'd want to do it on a daily basis but I sure do enjoy it when I get the chance.


Dad and I had fun playing with our cameras on the ferry. After we landed in Edmonds, we stopped by the home of one of dad's fraternity brother to pick up some pear cider that they picked up for me when they went to Vancouver, Canada. It is delicious - I'd go get my own if it weren't so difficult for me to get in and out of the country! We had fish & chips at Ivar's and then headed back to Sammamish to unload the car.

I left my parents and went to play with my friend, Sarah. Sarah has a cool apartment with a living room window that looks out on the Seattle space needle. It's awesome! We had a great evening looking at pictures and then dinner at a cool Cuban restaurant not far from where she lives. I'd never had Cuban food (that I remember) so it was an experience. I think I ate an entire cow but after spending a week with vegetarians, it was kind of nice! :) The evening went much too quickly but I'm so glad we were able to find some time to get together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOu ate a Cuban cow in Seattle??? Oh this is getting hard to keep straight!!!

Peace... CHH