Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sammamish Presbyterian Church

I couldn't stay up late enough last night to watch the end of the Olympics so I recorded it and got up this morning to watch Dara and Michael swim their last race. I can't believe someone my age is in the Olympics - not to mention won three silver medals. Way to go, Dara!
No surprise to those of you who know me - but I bawled like a baby when Michael won his 8th gold medal. My dad was making fun of me as my mom took pictures of me. What loving parents!! I cried again when they did the medal ceremony and played the national anthem. Oh my! What an amazing accomplishment!

We went to church at Sammamish Presbyterian Church where my dad has served as the interim pastor since last November. It's a great church - though I did realize that I am not much for the contemporary praise service - especially if I don't know the songs. It is very hard to sing along without music to read or a strong singer on the melody and it turns in to more performance than worship. Give me the hymnal anyday!

I was sorry to miss my friend, Zach, who is their senior high youth director. He was one of our summer interns when I was on the youth staff at Village Presbyterian Church. I'm hoping he will be here next Sunday. We went to the local pub for lunch with their music director, Don. It was an enjoyable afternoon. We stopped by our friend's, Greg & Bobbi, to see the grandbaby. He's adorable and has grown so much since I saw him at Christmas.

We went back to church at 6 for an evening service followed by a "concert" by their praise leaders. It was a farewell concert for one of them so many people came out to say goodbye to him. We had ice cream afterwards which was great - particularly in this record heat for Seattle!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Your Dad's gig sounds pretty good, preach a little and then go to the Pub! Where can I get a job like that?

Good to see you oh so briefly Saturday.

Peace..... Craig