Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Seattle Mariners vs. Minnesota Twins

My good friend, Brian, from Kansas City also came to Seattle during his sabbatical and he invited me to join him for a Mariners game. He even came to the apartment and picked me up and visited with mom for a little bit and then we were off to the game. Luckily, we left in plenty of time because traffic was quite backed up and a train blocked us from the parking garage until it had passed. The SafeCo stadium is awesome! They have these cool set ups to take some fun pictures - hence the picture of me catching the fly ball. I know you think it's real - but really it's fake. Sorry to disappoint! I'm sure the fact that my other hand is holding on to a bar to keep me from falling on my face is completely unnoticeable!
The food is also a treat at a Mariners game! I watched in awe as Brian enjoyed some sushi - not something I've ever considered baseball game food but things are just a little different in the pacific northwest. I had my traditional nachos supreme which reminded me a bit of being at a Royals game. The playing of the game reminded me of one, as well. The Mariners are supposedly worse than the Royals (though I still love them) and we lost. I didn't mind, though - it was still a LOT of fun!!
The best part of the game is when Raul Ibanez (former Royals player) hit a home run. It was awesome!! I remember Raul because when the Royals fans would cheer for him, I always thought they were "boo-ing" which I didn't think was very nice. I was glad to find out I was wrong and they were just yelling "Ra-ooool"!

Safeco Insurance was offering free pictures with your choice of several players or the Moose mascot. Of course, we chose the Moose - he was the cutest!! Our code to get the picture online wouldn't work so I had to track down someone at eshots who handled their website and they sent it to me. Whew!

We came back to the apartment after the game and had dinner with the parentals. I was glad mom and dad got a chance to get to know Brian since he is such a good friend of mine. They really enjoyed him which didn't surprise me one bit. It was a fabulous day and it's hard to believe it's my last day in Seattle. Tomorrow mom and I are off to drive down the Pacific Coast Highway!

1 comment:

don said...

Hi there!
Looks like you're a sportsman too.

Let me take some of your time to see my blog on how to earn money the cheapest and easiest way through Paypal.

Thanks and Gobless!