Monday, September 01, 2008

San Jose to Fresno

We had a leisurely morning with our Stockton friends. Amy made yummy muffins! We had a great laugh remembering our PSCE talent show where six girls dressed up as the Brady Bunch kids and lip-synced the song they performed when they were trying to pay for the engraving on their parents wedding anniversary platter. Amy and I were two of the boys so we had cool black curly wigs and lovely outfits that Mary and I put together from things we found at the Good Will. Oh what funny memories!

I took mom to the airport around noon and then headed to Pleasanton to meet my friend, Stefen. Stefen is one of my oldest friends - we became friends in the 4th grade and he is one of those friends that regardless how long we go between visits, it's like a day hasn't passed. He is like family to me and I love seeing him! He always makes me feel special - saying things like "A day without Carla is like a day without sunshine." It's no wonder he is good at sales!

I had the very special pleasure this visit of meeting his girlfriend, Laura. They have known one another for 20 years and I was glad to meet this person that is so important in Stefen's life - and I get a new friend!
After a wonderful afternoon with Stefen and Laura, it was time to head out. I stopped in Livermore to see my dad's Aunt Roberta. She is going to be 92 years old and is sharp as a tack. We had a wonderful visit and I enjoyed all the stories she shared with me about my family. Next time I come, I plan to allow more time to hang out with my Aunt Roberta! She's a hoot!

I was very late getting to Fresno where I was staying with my former roommates, Tammy & Melissa. They lived with me for about six weeks last summer and I absolutely love them! I don't think I've ever been more warmly welcomed and it is so good to see them again. We took a walk around the neighborhood, enjoyed some cider and watched a fabulous movie (The Holiday) late into the evening (or morning, actually). It was a fabulous day!

No comments: