Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My friend, Mark!

I love my friend, Mark! He is a volunteer youth leader at my church - teaches Sunday School and goes on mission trips - but most importantly, he supports the youth in their activities outside of church. Today Mark invited me to join him for a volleyball game at Staley High School to watch two of our youth - Jessica & Hannah - wipe the floor with their opponents.

I could barely get any work done with anticipation of the evenings activities. Mark is one of those people that always has a positive outlook on life - despite the grief that he has faced in the last year. He always has a smile on his face and he makes people around him smile, too.
After the volleyball game, we grabbed some grub at the local Minsky's. I was a little disappointed that they didn't have the trivia that the other Minsky's had but Mark promised to be conversational - and he was. I really enjoy talking to Mark and he certainly got more than his fair share of my ramblings. We started out by drawing a map of my sabbatical journey on the paper tablecloth - it was lovely an I almost wanted to keep it! I was amazed at how fast the time went by and was reminded again of how blessed I am to have such wonderful friends!

No comments: