Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Fun in the Sun!!

It was an absolutely gorgeous day so we decided to spend the day at the beach (duh!). We loaded up our towels, reading material, cooler, beach chairs, umbrella, etc. and headed to Summerland. Of the beaches I have seen near Diana's home, that is my favorite! We lounged in the sand and read for a good while and then decided to take a long walk. That's one of the best things about Summerland beach - it's long so you can walk forever! At the end of our walk, I took a little dip in the ocean. It wasn't even that cold!
However, when I was turned around for my picture, a wave snuck up from behind and wiped me out! They say you should never turn your back on the ocean and now I know why. Of course, it took my favorite pair of sunglasses which I desperately tried to find - to no avail. The water was clear enough but just as I could see the bottom, another wave would come and stir it up again. AGH! I finally had to give up and accept that both the Atlantic and the Pacific have kicked my butt!
We stopped for a very late lunch at the Habit which is my favorite burger place in the world. We had a fun experience with a homeless man who decided to join us - but the manager came over and made him leave. I felt bad moving my purse when he sat down but I decided I would feel worse if he ran off with it. Of course, Diana would have gone after him and she would have won. He didn't seem to be in very good shape.
Diana must have been hungry because she scarfed down her burger in less than a minute! Isn't she cute? :) I think she was afraid the homeless man was going to come back and eat it for her! We went back to the house and removed the massive amounts of sand we had accumulated. We enjoyed a bottle of Riesling that I brought from Chateau Ste Michelle while I worked on the computer. It was supposed to be my last night so I desperately tried to finish the projects she needed done but about 2:30am I decided I needed another day. It's good that my family and friends are very flexible with my arrival and departure.

No comments: