Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I love my "old" roomies!

Tammy & Melissa took me to Yosemite Family Restaurant for a yummy breakfast! Our waitress was funny - even though she was a little slow bringing Tammy some cream. Can't blame her, though, since Melissa threw her off by demanding water! :) I picked up a set of bear paw coasters for my living room - slowly working on becoming more like my log cabin dream home - at least from the inside. We went to Office Max to pick up some blank DVD's and then headed back to their fabulous home.

We spent the next couple of hours playing on our three computers. They just got new laptops for a really great price at Best Buy and mine felt so antiquated after playing on theirs - especially the screen. That will probably be a purchase after the new year since I have to keep finding things to delete just to save my pictures! However, it has been a great laptop for many years - thanks to my wonderful brother-in-law! I had to get on the road about 2pm and it was sad to say goodbye but I'm so glad I was able to spend time with them. They are fabulous women and I'm very glad that renting a room has opened up doors to so many new friendships - and new places to visit! :)
I had an uneventful drive across California and made it to Santa Barbara in time for dinner. I like to schedule my travels around places to eat! Diana was on the phone when I arrived - big surprise! :) We decided to take a walk on the beach before dinner so we headed over to one of the many beaches in her vicinity and walked as far as we could without wading through too much water. It was a beautiful evening!! We had dinner right there on the beach at the Beachside Cafe. I had almond-crusted Mahi Mahi that was delicious! I will miss the yummy seafood that you can get on the coasts. It's just not the same in the midwest. Diana had several computer projects for us to work on so we went back to her room and started on those. It was quite fun!!

No comments: