Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I overslept and was very grateful to Sally for waking me up. I still had to get all my stuff in my suitcases!! I took the car over to mom & dad's neighbor, Sue, and stayed for a visit and a cup of coffee. She's going to keep it in her garage until they come home. It was good to see her! I hurried back to the house and finished packing. I had a brief visit with Ralph & Sally before Sally took me to the airport. One of my bags was 2 pounds overweight so I had to do some swapping in order to not have to pay extra. I finally made it on the plane and had an uneventful trip home. My friend was going to pick me up but ended up having a funeral she needed to attend so I wasn't sure how I wa getting to my car. I posted a status update on my facebook and my dear friend, Cheryl, sent me a message asking if I needed her to pick me up. What a sweetie!! Not only did she pick me up but she was waiting for me when I got off the plane. I can only remember one other time when a friend did that and it makes for such a nice homecoming - especially after being gone for so long!
Cheryl took me to the church to pick up my keys (& my new bike which had arrived while I was gone) and then to Elaine's to pick up my car. I was very excited to try out my new bike but it rained for the next four days! It is so good to be home! My house looked great and the dogs were overjoyed (in my imagination) to have me home!

No comments: