Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Fair to Middlin' (or Midland)

I said farewell to Bill & Wayne and headed off across West Texas to my parent's home in Midland. It was a beautiful drive - the mountains were spectacular and the clouds were fluffy and fabulous! I lost an hour as I finally returned to central time but I managed to arrive around 2p.m. I unloaded mom & dad's stuff at their house - with some help from their friend, Ellen, who is currently living in the house and then rolled down the block to Ralph & Sally's to unload and reorganize all of my belongings. I spread out over their entire patio as I tried to figure out how to get a carload of stuff into two suitcases to check on the plane. Once the car was empty, I took it to the local full-service car wash for an overhaul but they were closed. The nice man in the oil & lube next door was kind enough to vacuum it for me for no charge. I love Texans! I told him I had been invaded by ants and really needed a good vacuum. He was very kind and asked me to come visit him again sometime. How cute is that?

I had a wonderful evening with my dear friends, Ray & Jane. They took me to a delicious steak house for some low-sodium grub! They are both in their 90's and they are amazing! They gave me a tour of the golf course where Ray golfs twice a week and a tour of Manor Park where they currently reside and where my grandparents lived for the last several years of their lives. They have done so much construction that I ended up circling the place three times before I figured out how to get into the secured facility! It's a beautiful place! They even have a workout room where Ray & Jane work out regularly. I hope and pray if I live to be 90, that I am as active and fit as they are!

1 comment:

Hiltonadventures.com said...

Fantastic picture of you with our dear friends, Ray & Jane - who are role models for many of us!