Thursday, September 04, 2008

Extra day in Santa Barbara

I stayed up until 2:30 working on the computer trying to get it done before I left but I finally realized that I was not going to finish - nor would it be safe for me to try to spend the day driving after very little sleep so I chose to put off my jaunt to Phoenix another day so I could finish the computer work and get a good nights sleep. I was surrounded by computers - transferring pictures and music, setting up her ipod, connecting her phone to computer, etc. It was quite fun and definitely challenging but amazingly satisfying when all was complete. I was glad I chose to stay an extra day.

I finished up about 2 and we decided to enjoy more of the Summerland beach. It was a gorgeous day so it seemed silly not to. We had a couple of hours of good sun time left and we took full advantage of them. We went home and showered and then headed over to State Street in Santa Barbara for some happenin' night life! Madisons steaks were recommended to us so we decided to give them a try. From 7-9 they offer them buy one get one free. A steak at a bargain - what could be better???

Steak at a bargain - AND pear cider on tap!! Now we're talkin'!! I wasn't sure it could get any better than that - until I noticed the Royals game on the TV behind Diana's head. Wow - this could not be more perfect. It was a great evening and a wonderful way to end our time together. We were sad when we realized that we have no plans on the horizon to get together so we decided we'd better come up with something. Usually when we say goodbye, we know when we'll see eachother again. I'm sure it won't be long before another adventure comes our way.

No comments: