Monday, June 30, 2008

Asheville to Raleigh, NC

Aimee and the kids gave me a beautiful tour of Asheville and the gorgeous mountains!! The weather is perfect - cool and crisp at night and warm during the day. It was a great change from the heat of NOLA & Florida! We went out for the best breakfast in town (Sunny Point Cafe & Bakery) while we waited for my car to get checked out at the local Honda shop. It was making a horrible scraping metal sound (not unlike it has done twice before) and thankfully, it turned out to be a broken heat cover and cost me only $35. Whew!
It was a beautiful drive from Asheville to Raleigh. I stopped at a lovely rest area for my lunch break. I am trying to travel as cheap as possible so I keep the necessary items in my car.



Bread, peanut butter, jelly, unsalted tortilla chips, hummus and diet rite cola. :)

Mmmm, mmmm, good!! Peanut butter & Jelly! My favorite! I checked in at the Dieth B&B and had a good visit with my friend, Vickie, and her beautiful daughters, Hannah & Abby, before it was time to run to the airport to pick up Diana.


Diana arrived after a very long day of travel! I'm so excited to have her along for the next week of my journey. Let the adventures begin...!

No comments: