Saturday, June 28, 2008

Last Day on Hilton Head Island

My first activity of the day was to find a place to get a Hilton Head pedicure so I'd have Hilton Head Toes! I ended up driving to the mall and managed to spend a little more money on t-shirts and hats. Can one have too many shirts with their name on it?
After my pedicure, I headed to the beach (after I walked the dogs, of course!) The beach was beautiful - the weather was perfect, the water was warm enough to jump right in, the sand was fine, etc. I took a little nap on the beach until I felt the water hitting my towel. Oops - high tide - time to go!
I headed back to my home in the Wexford Plantation (this is our gated entrance where I have to check in before entering.) The dogs and I enjoyed a nice swim in the pool. The pool is shaded in the afternoon and evening so it's a great place to hang out and not be in the sun.
The dolphins even came back to play while we were sitting out by the pool. I really enjoyed watching them! I can't really tell if this dolphin is just really strangely shaped of if there is more than one. :)






As the sun was starting to set, I decided that I needed to climb the lighthouse steps to watch the sunset so I hopped in my car and headed back to Sea Pines. I was just about to pass the trolley parking when I decided that would be a fun way to travel so I parked my car and boarded the trolley. They run a free trolley from 4pm to midnight from the parking lots near the entrance of Sea Pines to Harbour Town, Sea Pines Village and the beach. It even came with a tour guide who managed to share lots of information on the short ride to Harbour Town.

I climbed the 114 steps to the top of the lighthouse and enjoyed the view of Hilton Head. I was about half an hour early for the sunset so I decided to stick around. I discovered they have a live webcam so I managed to find my friend, Jenn G, near her computer and she was able to see me on the webcam. I waved and we texted back and forth. It was quite entertaining - for me and anyone else looking at the webcam, I'm sure!

The sunset was well worth the wait. I'm sure it wasn't as bold and beautiful as usual due to the multitude of clouds but I enjoyed it all the same. It was a perfect ending to a perfect visit to Hilton Head Island. I can't wait to come again - especially now that I have new best friends that live here!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Love the toes!!! You were the one who talked me into buying my very first toe ring ten or twelve years ago! oh, the memories...