Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Journey begins...


I can't believe my sabbatical is finally here! I had a fabulous last day before my journey began spending time with friends in between packing. Several friends gathered for a cookout and Sheridan's (thanks, Mom!) and then it was time to finalize the packing. My good friend, Lesa, is joining me for the first part of my journey. It's so wonderful to have friends who will go out of their way to show they care. My friend, Diana, will be joining me for another portion of my journey and I'm so grateful for the company but most importantly, for their friendship. Lesa is an amazing person - she never met a stranger!


We stopped in St. Louis for a surprise visit with Lesa's daughter, Tiffany, and her fiance, David - but Tiffany was out of town. David was on his way to his sister's house (a.k.a. mansion) for his dad's 50th birthday party so we tagged along. The house was amazing!! They have a panic room and a theatre with seats that move to whatever is happening in the movie. Very cool!





David's mom, Allison, cooked all the food and it was amazing! We had a fabulous time but had to say farewell and get back on the road to Memphis. We went through a downpour and saw several accidents so we took our time.
Once in Memphis we checked in at the Heartbreak Hotel (it has a heart shaped pool!) and took the shuttle downtown to Beale Street. We enjoyed walking around and watching the street performers and then had a great dinner before heading back to the hotel and going to sleep.
Tomorrow we are touring Graceland and then we will be on our way to New Orleans. It was a perfect first day!

1 comment:

Hiltonadventures.com said...

Loved your material on Hilton Head. Wish we were there.
Diddy