Sunday, June 29, 2008

Clemson to Asheville

My day started early in order to get from Hilton Head to Clemson, SC in time for lunch. My friend, Mary, had a small window of opportunity between church and a 2pm funeral and I didn't want to miss it! I would have made it earlier but I had my first Meneire's attack while driving. It was a little scary but I did okay. I found a decent place to pull off the road and just hung out there for about half an hour (it was a minor spell) until it passed. The people in South Carolina are so nice - two different cars stopped to see if I was okay as well as the highway patrol. He asked if I wanted him to call anyone for me and I had to smile. He must not have noticed my Kansas license plate! :) I still managed to get to Clemson by noon and enjoyed a visit with Mary & Bill.
Soon it was time for Mary to get ready for the funeral so I said farewell and headed on to Asheville, NC. My friend, Aimee, and her two kids, Elli and Taylor, took me to downtown Asheville to walk around and then we had supper at the Mellow Mushroom. Very interesting place and such a cute city. After dinner we drove around the Montford neighborhood and looked at really cool houses. This might be a good place to open my Hilton Bed & Breakfast. :)


1 comment:

Jo Hilton said...

Godspeed sweet sister! Be careful on your trip! I'm sorry you had an attack, but guess its good it was a minor one! Safe travels!