Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hilton Head, Here I come!

I had a wonderful relaxing morning sitting on the porch just outside my bedroom drinking coffee and working on computer stuff. It was quite comfortable at 7am but you wouldn't want to be out there much later than that. :) The house is so beautiful and full of antiques and hard wood floors. I would love to run a place like that some day.
They loaned me one of their many bikes and I took a tour around the village. I stopped a nice lady walking to the mailbox and asked her to take my picture. I think she thought I was somewhat nutty but who cares. :) I loved their bikes!! It was such a gorgeous morning and I just kept saying (out loud, mind you!) how awesome it was and how much fun I was having. I only wish someone else had been there so years from now we could say, "remember when we went biking in Apalachicola..."
My hosts on Hilton Head Island, SC, Beth and Walter are my new best friends. They didn't even know me but Beth's sister is my mom's cousin's wife. How's that for networking? Mom mentioned to Sue that I wanted to stay on Hilton Head but couldn't afford it so she hooked me up with her sister who graciously invited me to stay with them. At first it was one night, then they asked me to stay another night and dogsit while they are gone, then I had some plans fall through so I asked if I could come a day early and that's how I ended up spending three nights on my head's island. I'm so excited to be here - I've always wanted to see it!
They gave me a tour of Hilton Head and took me to a cute pizza place called "Giuseppi's" in the Sea Pines Plantation (which really just means a gated community). The owner must be from Pittsburgh because they had every team known to man from the Pittsburgh area on the wall. Of course, my favorite was the wall of penguin stuff!

This has really been an adventure like none other and I can't wait to see what else is in store for me. Thanks for your prayers and for coming along with me on this journey. I'm grateful that I have wonderful friends (even if we've never met before now) to stay with along the way. I believe it's the way God intended for us to be. "Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing that some have entertained angels without knowing it." Hebrews 13:2. Beth and Walter certainly live out that scripture - and I AM an angel! :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Hiltonadventures.com said...

You are a great writer - I feel like I am traveling along with you..and I always wanted to travel with an angel! And aren't we glad that my cousin Carl married Sue--and sent you to her sister's!

Unknown said...

Seems like your sabbatical is off to a grand start! Adventure, new places, some old faces and some new, relaxation and hard work and lots of driving - I know how you like to drive. Can't wait to see what's next.