Sunday, June 22, 2008

Heartbreak Hotel

Lesa and I spent the morning touring Graceland and learning more about Elvis Presley than anyone needs to know. It was so much fun!! They gave us audio tour guides that led us through the house and the grounds. I enjoyed the music most of all!
Lesa is quite the Elvis fan and she enjoyed all of it - but I think she was a bit partial to the horses. It was a fabulous morning!
We enjoyed our stay at the Heartbreak Hotel. The pool was even shaped like a heart! I spent some time before breakfast reading my first sabbatical book and drinking coffee by the pool. The weather has been perfect!
After having a grilled peanut butter and banana sandwich (Elvis's favorite) we were back on the road and heading for New Orleans. The drive was uneventful - thankfully!
Our first stop in New Orleans was Cafe Du Monde for Beignets. If you can't eat donuts for dinner when you are on sabbatical - when can you? :) We knew our time was limited and we certainly didn't want to miss our opportunity! They were delicious - as always. We arrived at the Bethany Volunteer Center where we stayed when we came down in March '07 and settled in. It has changed quite a bit - Lesa and I even got our own room! We are very excited to start work tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Dear Friend, It's totally FREE...I did it few year ago with FREE $5.00 starting given by company. To play LIVE must transfer Fund to Live desk...or play virtual #1 as I did...If play live just open position 10% of $5.00...That's all...enjoy it

www.marketiva.com/?gid=14098

Bruce Milne said...

I thought Graceland was kinda spooky. Like touring a musty old house frozen in time: which I guess it is.... Too bad you missed Memphis in May and all the blues music and barbecue!

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had a good time