Friday, June 27, 2008

Hilton Head, SC


Today was a fabulous day!! I explored the island looking for something with Hilton on it (not hard to find - just hard to choose!) and trying to get the lay of the land. The island is so beautiful with lots of trees and bike paths and tons of walkers and bikers everywhere. I can certainly understand why so many people choose to vacation here. After a hard day of shopping, Beth took me on a Kayak ride around the harbor. I got a great view of so many beautiful homes and my arms got a good workout!

After kayaking, we came home for an evening swim overlooking the "creek" behind their house. Boats are continually passing by and it was so much fun to watch.

We even saw a dolpin swimming down the creek. It was fabulous!! I told Beth & Walt if they ever wanted to go on an extended vacation, I would be happy to come stay with the dogs! This place is paradise!



Beth and Walt enjoyed a dip in the hot tub. The dogs are so cute. Kiwi (black) and Tigger (red) also enjoy the pool. Kiwi even got in to swim with me. I could tell Tigger was tempted but he didn't jump in.




Beth asked me while kayaking if I knew why their boat was called "Three Hour Tour" and I said I assumed it was from Gilligan's Island but I didn't know specifically why. She had me name the people on the island and I said Ginger, Mary Anne, the millionaires...and what was their name? You guessed it! Meet Beth & Walt Howell. :) Our very own Mr. & Mrs. Howell! It cracked me up!

No comments: