Tuesday, May 04, 2010

We don't need no stinkin' sleep!

Monday night Julia and I were watching tv and it was about 10:30 when we ran out of CSI episodes on her DVR (or whatever they call it over here.) We weren't quite ready to call it a night so she suggested we check out a series she had recorded called "Trueblood." I had never heard of it so why not? The first episode was very good and it left us with a big cliff hanger - so we had to watch another one! She had the entire first season recorded (12 episodes) and every single episode had a big cliff hanger. SO - we just kept watching. I still can't believe that two 'old" women could manage to stay up all night watching tv but we did. At 10:30 am on Tuesday morning we finished the final episode. We were SOOO relieved that they actually managed to wrap up the mystery by the last episode. Now we have to figure out how to get our hands on season two!
Julia took me to the Elephant Bar for a coffee and sandwich before I had to catch my train. The Elephant Bar is where J.K. Rowling first penned Harry Potter.
Apparently, she sat there writing on napkins! Never underestimate the ideas that come to you in a coffee shop!
We still had a little time left so we walked around a little bit of the Grassmarket area of Edinburgh. It is such a wonderful city! It has a small town feel but with plenty to see and do. Julia dropped me off at the train station and I had no trouble finding my platform. I thought I would sleep the entire way home but I couldn't get comfortable enough to really sleep. I ended up watching The Princess Bride on my phone (handy little gadgit) and before I knew it, we were back at King's Cross Station. I caught the tube back to Wanstead just in time to have dinner with the family. It's good to be "home." :)

1 comment:

Hiltonadventures.com said...

I remember having coffee there as well, with the Rogers..what a neat experience.