Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Cinco de Mayo

It may not be much of a holiday in the U.K. but I decided we should celebrate Cinco de Mayo! I also received word that Dakota's energy is up and he seems to be stable for the time being. Praise the Lord!! Despite the fact that I also got word that my car is not worth fixing so a new car is in my immediate future, I was on cloud nine!
They have a very cool bridge that goes over the main road in Wanstead. You get a good view of the Irwin's neighborhood from the top of the bridge.
I made a trip to the grocery store in Leytonstone and managed to figure out the bus all by myself. I don't really have many pictures from today so I thought I'd share a couple of my favorite signs on the London public buses. I love that they fine people for throwing their gum on the street. That is one of my pet peeves! I also like the concept of a sin bin - for gum or otherwise! I was in the middle of shopping when my friend, Becky, called and decided to join me. She met me at the grocery store just as I finished and we caught the bus back to the house. We had stuff to make hard tacos, soft tacos and margaritas. It was a challenge finding stuff to make margaritas and I ended up having to compromise the frozen limeade with a "lemon squash" that was concentrated. I had no idea how they would taste but it was the best I could do. No worries - they were delicious! We had a wonderful Mexican fiesta - a right proper Cinco de Mayo, London style!

No comments: