Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Changing of the Guard and Jersey Boys

I couldn't leave London without seeing the Changing of the Guard! One of my favorite experiences when we were in London in 2006 was the walking tour of the Changing of the Guard. I caught the tube to St. James Park and came out on Mall just as the band was starting their march down the street towards the Palace. It was awesome! I couldn't get as close as I would have liked but it was fun to watch none the less.

I met a really nice group from Henderson State University in Arkansas. I enjoyed watching the processionals even if I couldn't see the actual changing of the guard.

I enjoyed the walk from Buckingham Palace over to Piccadilly Circus and then down Regents Street. I stopped in Hamleys just to check out the world's largest toy store - and I was NOT disappointed!! Upon entering the store, they give you the biggest shopping bag I've ever seen! I know I couldn't fill it but I did manage to find some gifts for some of my favorite friends - both young and old.

I stopped by Desigual to pick out a birthday present for my sister. I found a dress that I really thought she would like! I enjoyed walking down Oxford Street again and watching all the people. When I got to Covent Garden the British Red Cross folks were out talking to people and I enjoyed visiting with one young lady. We decided we should do a house swap like in the movie "Holiday." What fun!


I met Shaunda at Leicester Square and we had a wonderful dinner at Ruby Blue. I had a salmon steak - probably the healthiest meal I've had in London so far. We had tickets to Jersey Boys that evening and it was fabulous! It is the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. We walked out of there dancing - I highly recommend it!

No comments: