Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tayyabs and Brick Lane

I needed to call the vet at 8am (KC time) so I decided to stick close to home. I slept until noon and then lounged around the house until it was time to call. The news wasn't good. Dakota's liver is smaller than it should be and it's not functioning like it needs to. Basically, it would take a liver transplant to save his life at this point. The doctor wasn't sure how long he could live with this condition but she said we could put him on some meds to see if it can give him a little more time. He doesn't act sick at this point so I decided we would try them and see how he does. I definitely don't want him to suffer but if he needs to be put down, I really want to be the one to be there with him. I am just praying that he can make it until I get home. It was a very hard day! I was glad that I had chosen to stay home. I had a couple of hours to recover before I was supposed to meet Shaunda at the Whitechapel tube stop.

She invited me to join her for a colleagues "going-away" dinner party at a Pakistani restaurant (http://www.tayyabs.co.uk/). I'm not sure I've ever had Pakistani food so I thought it would be a good experience. The place was packed! Her colleagues were very cool and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting them. After dinner we walked to The Vibe bar on Brick Lane and had a drink on the patio. Walking down Brick Lane, every restaurant has someone that stands in front and tries to entice you to come in. They offer you a discount or a free glass of wine to get you to choose their restaurant. Shaunda and I decided to explore the rest of Brick Lane and then walked past old Spitalfields market on our way to the Liverpool tube stop. Definitely have to check out Spitalfields tomorrow!

No comments: