Monday, April 26, 2010

Thank you, London!

They must have made up some time in-flight because we arrived only about half hour late. I breezed my way through customs and border security and found Shaunda waiting on the other side. We took a cab to the Pet Pick-up location and soon discovered that Shaunda had to have an "agent" to get the pets through customs. Could they possibly make this any more complicated? Shaunda made a few calls and finally found someone that would come. We ended up waiting about three hours before the pets were cleared to leave and we crammed the three adults, a german shepherd, a cat and two crates into a mini-cab and headed home. The ride was about an hour and a half and he took us through the heart of London. It was fabulous!! I felt like I was home and I was so glad that I had decided to go ahead and come. We barely had time to grab a snack and dump the stuff before we made our way to the theatre. Shaunda had surprised me with tickets to Billy Elliott. We caught the W12 bus on Elmcroft Avenue which dropped us off at the South Woodford Station, changed tubes at and made it to the theatre only 10 minutes late. I was afraid they wouldn't seat us, but they did. Our seats were way up top so we weren't too much of a disruption. The show was fantatic!! I loved all the dancing! It was the perfect beginning to my time in London.

No comments: