Tuesday, April 27, 2010

and on the 7th day...

I decided it would be in my best interest to have a day of rest after the craziness of the past few weeks. I slept until about noon and discovered when I got up that Gray had stayed home sick today. I think it had more to do with too little sleep after a late night at the theatre but I was grateful for the company. We took a long walk through town to give Rayne some exercise and to help me get my bearings. It's an adorable community!

They live between the South Woodford, Snaresbrook and Wanstead tube stations. The easiest walk is to Wanstead. We walked down Wanstead High Street (a.k.a. Main Street) and checked out the various shops. I bought us a snack at Gregg's which is a local pastry chain. It was quite delicious. I felt like I had a fairly good idea how to get where I needed to go by the time we headed back to the house.
By the time we got home, Zane had returned from school. Soon we heard a familiar sound of bells. The ICE CREAM MAN! I had a lemon ice thing that was quite refreshing!

Shaunda called after work and we met at the pub "The George" on the corner across from the Wanstead tube station. It's a Wetherspoon's pub which is a chain and it has the Kopperberg Pear Cider which is my absolute favorite!

It was a beautiful evening so we sat out on the patio. It is so good to be back in London but it was particularly fabulous to be hanging out at a pub with such a wonderful friend! It brought back memories of a many similar experiences when we spent a semester in London 22 years ago. My how time flies! I'm sure the next three weeks will go by in an instant but I'm looking forward to enjoying every second!

No comments: