Saturday, April 25, 2009

My 21st birthday - for the second time!

It was so much fun waking up in my old apartment - even though it looked totally different! I enjoyed my morning coffee standing in the window looking out over the balcony and thinking about the numerous mornings I sat ON the balcony and watched the people in the park below. That was such a peaceful place for me! Lesa, Mom and I went for a morning walk around Mill Creek Park (across the street) and took pictures by the fountain - which I always referred to as "my fountain." You can barely see my apartment in the background just to the right of the spray of water.
The park looked beautiful with new landscaping! We found a gorgeous pink dogwood tree which is my mother's favorite! It was so wonderful to be able to spend my birthday with the woman who gave me birth! She truly is the very best a mom could be - she loves me unconditionally, she encourages me, she supports me, she challenges me, she inspires me and she continually teaches me! She is and always has been my mother but she is also my friend - and for that, I am so very grateful!

We checked out of our hotel at noon and I took her on a mini-tour of Kansas City showing her some of the new highlights of this magnificent city! We stopped at Bob Jones where we both found some fabulous new sandals and then headed home to get cleaned up for dinner. Mom took me to the Melting Pot for my birthday dinner - and it was fabulous! We realized the last time we were there was 2002 when we were celebrating my new eye!! That's probably about as often as one should go to the Melting Pot because we left completely stuffed - but hey, it was my birthday!! It was a spectacular day!

1 comment:

Jo Hilton said...

sounds like a blast! So glad mom was there to celebrate with you! xoxo