Friday, April 10, 2009

Royals Home Opener

There is really only one thing I like about the end of winter - the arrival of baseball season!! Knowing that very soon I will be back at Kauffman Stadium cheering on my Royals or going to Mackin Park to watch my friends play makes it easier to accept the arrival of spring.

I really wanted to go to the Royals Home Opener but alas, ticket prices were outrageous. Hard to believe considering most people seem to be "fair weather friends" and the Royals are not at the top of their game these days. I guess the hope and excitement of a brand new start brings people out in droves.

I was sitting in my office when I heard Jim (my pastor/boss) declining an offer for tickets because he already had some and I yelled "I want to go!" Thankfully & not surprisingly, he heard me and passed the free tickets on to Craig (Associate Pastor) and myself. YAY!! I'm going to the Home Opener!

The festivities began with a dedication of the "The New" Kauffman Stadium. It was fun to see so many of the old favorites back for the occasion. The stadium looks great and you can now walk all the way around - which, of course, I had to do! Despite the fact that the day started out a little ominous, it turned out to be perfect weather for a ball game!
I was more than excited to discover that our tickets were in one of the brand new Hall of Fame Suites. I think I actually prefer watching the game from the other side of the stadium but I did enjoy the comfortable seats - inside and out - and, of course, the free barbecue buffet, pop and water that were provided. It was a fabulous way to kick-off this baseball season. Go Royals!!

No comments: