Thursday, August 23, 2007

Sunny California...


I flew to Los Angeles very early on Sunday morning and Diana was there to greet me when I finally found my way out of the airport. She had even made me a lay from the flowers in her yard. It was beautiful! We made a detour to my friend, Meghan's, to meet her boyfriend, Kevin. They took us on a stroll through the neighborhood where we had a yummy breakfast sitting outside and enjoying the sights and sounds of California!

On our way "home", we managed to stop at a few beaches along highway 1 and watch cute boys kitesurfing or just walk along the beach letting the sand exfoliate the bottoms of our feet. :) It was fabulous! The weather was perfect and the sun, sand, friendship and ocean breeze felt like heaven!

Our days were pretty much spent playing on the beach or eating. We had a wonderful lunch at the Brown Pelican - I even had fish & chips. It's about the only fish I can bring myself to eat but I figured it was better than nothing. It was quite delicious - if I do say so myself. We enjoyed the sun for the afternoon and I even managed to get a quick dip in the ocean before I became too numb.

My last morning in California, we hiked up to Lizard's Mouth where we had a great panoramic view of sunny Santa Barbara. It was fun hiking and climbing all over the rocks. All is all it was a perfect few days with my wonderful friend. As always, the time is always too short but I was grateful for time to catch up (in person), share tears and laughter and just enjoy one another's company. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful friend.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: