Thursday, May 14, 2009

Matt & Carla's 21st Birthday Party!

My friend, Matt, and I decided since our birthdays are only 2 days apart (well, 21 years and 2 days) that we should celebrate together! I won a happy hour at PBR Big Sky so we invited everyone we know to help us celebrate our milestone 21st birthdays - Matt's first and my second! It was an intergenerational event - my friend, Mark, came from Louisville (He was my polity professor in seminary and now one of my closest friends - and definitely wins the award for the most outgoing person alive!), two friends from church camp when we were in high school, college sorority sisters, former youth who are now over 21, new friends and old friends! It was so much fun! I don't think I've ever seen such a random group of people who almost immediately act like they have known eachother all their lives. It was fabulous!

The highlight of the evening was watching those brave enough tackle the mechanical bull. Lesa is our resident professional with the most experience but Joy, Lynate, Alex and C.J. also gave a great show in the arena! I haven't quite worked up the nerve for that kind of humiliation but I do enjoy watching my friends!
I still can't believe that I'm really 42! I do love that as I get older, age really doesn't mean much at all. I am very blessed to have best friends who are 20 years older and 20 years younger and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. Friendship is a priceless gift!

No comments: