Thursday, October 26, 2006

West Coast Adventure

I keep pinching myself to make sure I'm awake because I'm living a dream! I am helping my friend, Diana, move from Seattle to Santa Barbara, California. We are currently in Crescent City, CA in the middle of the Red Wood Forest. It's BEAUTIFUL!! Our friend, Lesa, and I flew out to Seattle on Tuesday and we had dinner with our friend, Sarah, and my friend, Jessica, and Sarah's friend, Jackie. We went to a fun pub which was within walking distance of Sarah's very cool apartment. We had a GREAT time! We had to take some fun pics of all of us in Sarah's bathtub because it's so short that it makes you feel like a giant! On Wed we loaded up the truck and headed out of Seattle about 4pm. We made one stop at her sister's house to pick up the last of her belongings and then headed to Portland. We stayed with our friend, Thomas, who lives in Newberg, OR. We had a wonderful evening catching up (we met last November when we were all volunteers with the Red Cross in Biloxi, MS). This morning we took Thomas to breakfast and then headed across Oregon. The weather was perfect and the drive was GORGEOUS! This is such a beautiful state. We stopped in Crescent City for the night and tomorrow we plan to explore the Red Wood Forest before heading to Newman, CA to stay with my friend, Stefen, from high school. This is such an amazing trip and I'm so glad to be sharing it with two of my favorite people!

1 comment:

Jo Hilton said...

Be safe, little Traveler! Be safe! Great blog entry! Have fun!